Tourism Wells Gray is seeking a team of Visitor Information Counselors to act as the important first welcome and greeting of visitors to Clearwater and Wells Gray Park. A Visitor Information Counselor is an ambassador to tourism in our province – an extremely important role. As a Visitor Information Counselor, you will identify visitor needs, offer information, and sell tourism products and services. Visitor Information Counselors have a direct impact on the visitor’s impression of BC, encouraging the purchase of tourism products and services, longer stays and travel in all regions of the province. Be part of a fun and dynamic team, where you get to work and promote beautiful Wells Gray Park, Clearwater, and Wells Gray Country! In this position you will receive Destination BC Visitor Services training and have the opportunity to be paid to enjoy and explore some of the tourism experiences in the area.
Visitor Information Counselors provide visitors with information to enhance their experience in Wells Gray Park, Clearwater BC, and Wells Gray Country. Promoting products and services as well as a booking service to allow visitors effortless planning. Ensuring that visitors are optimizing their time at the destination and make the most of their experience!
· Identify information needs in support of visitor requests
· Provide accurate information to visitors regarding destinations, transportation, accommodation, options and costs, and suggest suitable products in the community, region or province via mail, phone, email and in person.
· Post current information of interest to visitors such as travel alerts, road, ski and weather reports
· Assist individuals or groups to organize vacation/travel plans
· Promote and sell tourism products and services
· Make accommodation, transportation, and guided trip reservations
· Distribute promotional materials
· Gather and record statistical information related to each visitor party
· Stock and sell retail merchandise and handle cash transactions
· Maintain brochure racks and ensure adequate inventory is always on hand
· Aid in maintaining a clean, sanitized, organized and welcoming centre
· Comply with professional dress code and grooming standards
· Follow all Standard Operating Procedures as outlined for the Visitor Centre
· Perform other administrative tasks as required
· Participate in FAM tours
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Excellent communication skills – face to face, telephone and written
· Excellent customer service skills and organizational skills
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask
· Able to work weekends and holidays
· Able to demonstrate initiative
· Previous experience in sales and cash handling
· A team player who is able to work independently
· Knowledge of attractions, events, tourism products/services in the local area
· Current computer skills including internet and email
· Knowledge of a second language would be an asset
· Sensitivity to other cultures
· Outgoing, friendly, welcoming demeanor
· Ability to respond to emergency situations in the community or regionally in a positive, accurate, timely manner
· Experience in the tourism industry would be beneficial
This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Grant, applicants must be between the ages of 16-30 to apply.
The availability of this position is subject to Canada Summer Jobs Grant Funding.
Start and End Date subject to change.
To apply please submit a resume and brief cover letter to: email@example.comAPPLY NOW! • VISITOR INFORMATION COUNSELOR • Tourism Wells Gray
Post Date: March 27, 2023 Deadline for Application: April 30, 2023
209 Dutch Lake Road
Tourism Wells Gray is a non-profit Destination Marketing Organization promoting, leading and representing the tourism industry in Wells Gray Country including Wells Gray Provincial Park and Clearwater, BC.