Are you someone that is interested in working in a remote and coastal setting? Do you have a passion for the outdoors? Are you keen to put a smile on people’s faces and contribute to a small team? We’re looking for dynamic team members to join us at Homfray Lodge for our 2019 season.
If you are someone with previous work experience in hospitality, tourism, outdoor recreation, or maintenance – you might be a great fit for our team. Being situated in a forested, mountainous location on the ocean, Homfray Lodge is an exciting place for outdoor enthusiasts.
We provide accommodation and meals for all employees. Given our remote location, all communications are via satellite. We have basic Wi-Fi and no cell phone service.
This role requires a full-time commitment from mid-May 2019 to mid-October 2019. The season will begin with up to 7 days of onsite training.
Note: Employees will work on a 2 week-on-1 week off rotation and must leave the lodge for their week off. Pacific Coastal Cruises will cover transport to Powell River and employees are responsible for their own transportation from there.
Our positions are safety sensitive which require no drugs or alcohol.
This team member will help in the day to day operations from breakfast, lunch, and dinner service to housekeeping and leading our guests through morning yoga practices. This role requires someone who is service oriented and has a sense of urgency yet amazing attention to detail. This person must be comfortable with lots of guest interaction and presents themselves in a welcoming manner.
- Lead our guests through a morning yoga practice or morning stretch
- Be a key player in breakfast, lunch, and dinner service and clean up
- Be a key player in housekeeping
- Welcome, greet, and provide excellent customer service to our guests throughout their stay
- Assist guests with paddle boards, kayaks, fishing gear, and other activities
- Maintain daily meal schedule and welcome boards
- Required to lead an evening talk on their topic of choice (must be relevant). This talk will provide meaningful, researched and engaging interpretive presentations. Typically 30 minutes on topics such as bioluminescence, grizzly bears, wildlife, First Nations, star gazing, environmental concerns, etc.
- Lead guests in activities like trail walks, story-telling, games, or campfire music to enrich the guest’s experience
- Engage our guests in friendly conversation throughout their stay
- Plus any extra duties that are asked of you by a manager
- Level 1 Yoga Instructor Teacher Training or equivalent Health Fitness Certifications
- Serving experience and Serving it Right Certification
- Previous hospitality/tourism experience
- Housekeeping experience (not required but an asset)
- Food Safe Certification
- Small Vessel Operators Proficiency (not required but an asset)
- First Aid
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Be in good physical shape (Constant walking and lifting)
Note: Candidates with some of the noted or other relevant certificates as well as the appropriate wilderness leadership and risk management training who are willing to get the required certifications will be considered.
Please apply with cover letter, resume (listing all current certifications), and at least three professional references. We thank all applicants for their interest however only short-listed applicants will be contactedAPPLY NOW! • YOGA INSTRUCTOR / SERVER / ROOM ATTENDANT • Pacific Coastal Cruises
Post Date: February 11, 2019 Deadline for Application: February 28, 2019
22 West 2nd Avenue
Pacific Coastal Cruises is a small ship cruising company that offers intimate 4 and 5 day cruises around the Salish Sea, Gulf Islands and Desolation Sound. Our passengers cruise by day and overnight at seaside lodges.
Homfray Lodge is an eco-lodge owned by Pacific Coastal Cruises in Desolation Sound. This is the primary lodge that the Pacific Coastal Cruises guests over night at. It is located in the quiet area of Homfray Channel with wilderness at its doorstep. Our all-inclusive cruises include all meals and cozy accommodations in one of our 3 cabins or 4 lodge suites at the lodge.
At Homfray Lodge, we specialize in hospitality from accommodations to dining, waterfront activities like paddle boarding and kayaking, and wildlife viewing.
We are inspired by our environment and love to share it with our guests. Our accessible isolation at Homfray Lodge is truly one of a kind. Come be a part of our team on the spectacular BC Coast.