June 21, 2018
Vancouver, BC – go2HR, BC’s tourism human resource association, is pleased to welcome four tourism industry professionals to its board of directors, joining eleven directors who were re-appointed or continuing their terms. These directors were elected at go2HR’s Annual General Meeting on June 19, 2018.
go2HR would like to welcome the following directors:
- Craig Blize, VP of Operations, Earls Restaurants
- Jeff Guignard, Executive Director, Alliance of Beverage Licensees (ABLE BC)
- Sarah McCullough, Director, Community & Government Relations, Whistler Blackcomb
- Jacqueline Simpson, Director, Global Marketing Channels, Destination British Columbia
Directors who are re-appointed or continuing their terms:
- J.J. Belanger, General Manager, Crystal Cove Resort
- Daniel Bibby, Executive Director & General Manager, Spirit Ridge at Nk’Mip Resort
- Harley Elias, Tidal Angling Guide and Faculty of Tourism and Business Department, North Island College
- Eoin Foley, Co-owner/Operator, Nancy O’s Restaurant & Betulla Burning
- Arlene Hall, Regional Director of Talent & Culture (Pacific Northwest Region), Fairmont Hotels
- Eda Koot, General Manager, Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport
- Glenn Mandziuk, President & CEO, Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association
- Ian Powell, Managing Director, Paul’s Restaurants Ltd. and GM, Inn at Laurel Point
- Heidi Romich, Owner/Operator, The Heid Out Restaurant and Brewhouse
- Jonathan Rouse, Director of Food, Wine and Tourism, Okanagan College
- David Sheedy, Manager of Human Resources, Fairmont Hot Springs Resort
J.J. Belanger has been elected as the new Chair of the board, and Eda Koot as Vice Chair.
The go2HR board of directors represents a cross-section of BC’s tourism industry including business operators, industry associations and educational institutions from different regions of the province. The board provides leadership to support go2HR’s mandate of assisting BC’s tourism industry with labour market challenges and other HR issues.
go2HR is BC’s tourism human resource association, responsible for coordinating the BC Tourism HR Strategy. go2HR provides tourism employers with resources in the area of recruitment and retention, as well as training and certification programs to develop relevant skills for prospective and current tourism and hospitality employees. For more information, visit www.go2hr.ca.
For media inquiries, please contact us.