February 4, 2019
Update: 2018/19 results are as follows:
- Winner: BCIT – “Reel YVR”
- 2nd place: Okanagan College – “AccessFest”
- 3rd place: Vancouver Island University – “Reach Vancouver Island”
- 4th place: College of the Rockies – “Kimberley Alpine Outdoor Adventures”
Watch the videos of the individual pitches at the Tourism Industry Conference here.
Four student teams will be competing at the provincial Winning Pitch competition at the 2019 BC Tourism Industry Conference (TIC) in Vancouver on Feb. 27, 2019, and only one team will emerge the champion.
The Winning Pitch, organized and presented by go2HR, BC’s tourism human resource association, is a post-secondary student case competition. This year, student teams had to develop a new product or service that supports the development of accessible tourism opportunities in their respective regions.
The regional winners who will be competing in the provincial competition include:
- BCIT – “Reel YVR”
- College of the Rockies – Kimberley Alpine Outdoor Adventures”
- Okanagan College – “AccessFest”
- Vancouver Island University – “Reach Vancouver Island”
As part of the live audience, TIC delegates will vote for their favourite business pitch, which will contribute to the overall score and help pick the ultimate winner.
go2HR would like to thank the competition’s provincial sponsors, Partners in Tourism Society and Destination British Columbia, for their support.