Struggling to hire local service supervisors, managers or other specialized service occupations (e.g. Chefs, Cooks, Bakers, Executive Housekeepers, F&B Supervisors, F&B Managers, etc.)? If so, the Mobilité Francophone stream of the International Mobility program may be of interest to you.
On June 1st 2016, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) implemented the Mobilité Francophone stream to facilitate procedures for Canadian employers to hire skilled French-speaking or bilingual workers for positions in any province or territory outside of Quebec, even if French or other languages are not a requirement for the position.
This Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)-exempt stream applies only to skilled positions within specific National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes and removes the obligation for employers to obtain a positive LMIA, usually required to hire temporary foreign workers.
If you are interested in recruiting international candidates through Mobilité Francophone, here are two ways to get started:
Virtual Job Fair - June 2018
Attend the upcoming Virtual Job Fair hosted by the Embassy of Canada in France in collaboration with Pôle emploi mobilité internationale, France’s public employment service that specializes in international mobility in June.
Timeline and How to Participate:
- May 23: Online Employer Webinar
- Attend this webinar for a demonstration of the virtual fair platform and Q&A session about the fair.
- French Session: 9:00 am (EDT)
- English Session: 11:00 am (EDT)
- To register: Email your name, title and company name to email@example.com with EMPLOYER WEBINAR in the subject. Additional information will be emailed directly to you.
- May 28: Deadline to submit the Virtual Job Fair Employer Application Form
- June 1: Virtual Job Fair opens for candidates to view positions and register
- June 4-20: Pôle emploi preselects candidates for your positions. Preselected candidates choose an available time slot for their interview. You can view their resumes on the Virtual Job Fair platform.
- June 21-28: Employer interviews - online, by phone or by chat via the virtual fair platform.
- June 29-30: Employers record results on the Virtual Job Fair platform. If further interviews are done with candidates, you follow up with Pôle emploi concerning the final recruitment.
Belgium Recruitment Opportunities
ACTIRIS, the employment agency in Brussels is available to assist interested Canadian employers in navigating the Mobilité Francophone process to recruit skilled francophone or bilingual workers from the Brussels Capital Region in Belgium.
For additional information, please see the following documents:
Questions? Please contact Emma Bradford, Industry HR Coordinator 604-633-9787 ext. 234