Certification in all BC trades is issued by the Industry Training Authority, and delivered through designated training providers and assessment agencies.
There are a number of trade programs offering provincial Certification in the tourism and hospitality industry, including two Red Seal Trades – Cook (Professional Cook 3) and Baker.
There are also some specific programs for youth who are interested in careers in the trades. Information on youth programs can be found at the ITA Youth site
Full details about each of the programs, including skill sets, completion requirements, and available training providers are found in the links below.
- Cook Program
- Tidal Angling Guide
- Demand on the Rise: Mentorship Creates Opportunities for Aspiring Bakers
- Professional Cook 1 – The Backbone of the Industry
- Professional Cook 2 – A Key Step in a Culinary Career
- Professional Cook 3 – Opportunities Abound for Red Seal Chefs
- CTAG Certification Available in More Sport Fishing Communities
- Special Order: Meatcutter Training in Demand