Tourism will create 111,350 new job openings in the next 10 years (2017 – 2027). Book a FREE presentation to help your students learn about and explore career opportunities in BC’s exciting tourism industry. The Tourism Career Awareness Program (TCAP) presentation is interactive — designed specifically for Grades 10, 11 and 12 secondary students and delivered by tourism professionals working in your community. Not only will it fit right into your curriculum but it will also provide your class with a realistic introduction to tourism!
THE TCAP PRESENTATION:
- Introduces the 5 sectors of tourism
- Explores the diversity of career opportunities across the 5 sectors and across the province
- Highlights facts and figures on the size and scope of the industry including up to date information on the growth in BC
- Provides insight into the career paths and occupations of tourism professionals
- Details the reasons why people choose careers in tourism
- Explains compensation levels in tourism
- Includes an interactive Q&A competition
- Recommends additional sources of information for career planning, education, training and professional development
Whether your students plan to pursue a career in tourism or are considering part-time jobs where they can gain valuable skills that will enable them to work in the career of their choice, they will benefit from this presentation!
BOOK YOUR FREE TCAP PRESENTATION:
You can also download a pdf version of the booking form here.