X Close


Sign up for go2HR's e-newsletters and receive job information and employer resources related to BC’s tourism and hospitality industry!

Print Print Print Print Print

Tourism, Hospitality, and FoodService Apprenticeships

Certification in all BC trades is issued by the Industry Training Authority, and delivered through designated training providers and assessment agencies.

There are a number of trade programs offering provincial Certification in the tourism and hospitality industry, including two Red Seal Trades - Cook (Professional Cook 3) and Baker.

There are also some specific programs for youth who are interested in careers in the trades. Information on youth programs can be found at the ITA Youth site

Depending on your background and current situation, there are two options to get certified: complete an apprenticeship or challenge the certification.

Full details about each of the programs, including skill sets, completion requirements, and available training providers are found in the links below.

Featured Articles



Related Links

This article may be republished for non-commercial purposes subject to the provisions of the Website Use Agreement. To republish this article, you must include the following notice along with the article: "Copyright © 2018 go2 Tourism HR Society. All Rights Reserved. Republished under license."