The Canadian Academy of Travel & Tourism (CATT) program introduces and promotes careers in tourism to high school students across Canada. The CATT program is integrated into the current high school curriculum, and allows students to specialize in tourism through a successful work and study approach.
The Canadian Academy of Travel & Tourism program can be offered at three levels and allows teachers to engage students in the subject of tourism while continuing with their high school curriculum. At all levels, schools receive access to helpful online teaching resources and suggested learning activities. Teachers work with local business representatives to arrange for work and volunteer experience opportunities for CATT students. CATT students learn transferable skills, build work relationships with industry partners and local tourism businesses, and connect with other students from across the globe.
Benefits for Students
As CATT participants, students will:
- boost their awareness of rewarding tourism careers
- gain a head start in postsecondary education and the working world
- acquire academic, technological, and workplace skills
A Canadian Academy of Travel & Tourism graduate gains:
- an addition to his or her portfolio of accomplishments
- valuable work experience that eases the transition into postsecondary education and the world of work
- increased mobility throughout the tourism sector
- industry training including emerit tourism training products and programs
- a nationally recognized certificate of training in quality service
Benefits for Schools and Teachers
Canadian Academy of Travel & Tourism schools bring exciting learning possibilities directly into classrooms. CATT schools enjoy:
- access to online tourism teaching resources and learning activities
- professional development opportunities such as the Canadian Academy of Travel & Tourism Annual Conference
- opportunities to establish relationships and build stronger ties with their communities and with local and national businesses
Learn more about the Level I, Level II, and Gold Level programs.
Register now for the CATT Level I or Level II program. For the Gold Level program, contact CATT directly for more information.
Benefits for Industry Partners
Canadian Academy of Travel & Tourism partners:
- increase their community profiles and boost positive publicity and public relations
- create new business opportunities and education partnerships
- provide essential work experience for high school students and ensure the tourism sector’s future supply of skilled employees
Find out more about becoming a CATT partner.