Front Office Manager
- The Wickaninnish Inn
- Full Time |
- 500 Osprey Lane Tofino
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
The Front Office Manager is a hands-on position assisting the Guest Service team with daily tasks, provides guidance and leadership, is involved in financial decisions, yield, reservations, guest service, administration, payroll, scheduling and human resources. This position is integral in the overall operations of the Front Office Department.
The ideal Front Office Manager would be a guest-oriented individual who has the ability to motivate employees, handle a great deal of tasks while remaining cool, calm and collected and be open and excited to elevate their career with a leader in the industry.
As a Front Office Manager you will:
• Ensure efficient and personalized guest service meeting and exceeding Relais & Chateaux, AAA 4 & 5 Diamond, and Forbes Standards.
• Lead by example and be a proactive member of the Senior Management Team and Front Office Leadership Team.
• Be responsible and accountable for the actions of Front Office team members; work as a “hands-on manager” assisting the team as they strive to meet and exceed guest expectations.
• Providing support, direction, and leadership to the Front Office Leadership Team, Concierge, GSRs, Reservationists, Night Auditors, and Valets, Welcome Ambassadors will be a priority.
• Create a positive atmosphere for learning and development for the Front Office team members.
• Be the contact person for all guests or team members who may require immediate assistance from the Front Office Manager, and/or follow up with guest concerns as necessary.
• Administer Human Resources related tasks within the department, including, but not limited to, scheduling, submitting payroll, interviewing, hiring, performance management, reviews, etc.) for members of the Front Office team.
• Create, monitor, and be accountable for the annual budget and monthly financial reconciliation for Front Office.
• Contribute and assist in creating a positive atmosphere for learning & and development for the Front Office Team Members.
• Assist in creating, implementing, monitoring, and continually improving systems designed to organize and control the efficient flow of guests, team members & and supplies through the Front Office Department.
• Work at the Guest Reception Desk as well as assist wherever required.
• Complete all administrative responsibilities required to maintain the smooth operation of the Front Office.
• Attend weekly Management meetings and relay necessary information to the Front Office team.
• Be trained as an Emergency Control Officer and ensure the Front Office department is trained in both Fire and Tsunami procedures.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Our ideal candidate will embody the West Coast culture, while still being committed to the art of hospitality and pursuit of excellence. They will have:
• Exemplary guest service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations.
• Must possess the ability and desire to lead a world-class front-office team.
• Excellent Human Resources skills, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are required.
• Minimum 4 years of management or supervisory experience in the Front Office of a high-end full-service facility is highly preferred.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a stressful environment, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Must know and/or be comfortable with standard operating financial statements, as well as the budgeting process, and effective cost management.
• Working knowledge of Maestro, PMS, Lightspeed POS, Microsoft Office, and File Maker Pro.
• Must enjoy shift work and be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Must have a Class 5 Drivers License.
• Ability to make a 3-year commitment to the position.
• A mutual understanding of your employment duration will be determined during your interview
Team Member Benefits: https://www.wickinn.com/about-employment/
Job Application Process
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your Resume and interests align with our currently available positions.Apply Now