Support Mental Health
go2HR is proud to have partnered with the Canadian Mental Health Association – BC Division (CMHA BC) to provide industry-specific mental health training for tourism and hospitality employees, supervisors, managers and senior leaders
These courses have been developed with industry guidance to cover relevant workplace concerns, focusing on psychological health & safety
Funded for this partnership has been provided by a grant from the Ministry of Mental Health and Addictions
Create a Psychologically Safe Workplace
of working Canadians agree that their work is the most stressful part of their day.
of working Canadians say their workplace is a frequent or ongoing source of feelings of depression, anxiety or other mental illness.
would not tell their current manager if they were experiencing a mental health problem.
of employees with mental health issues indicate it impacts their work,17 while only 53% of those with physical health issues say it impacts their work.
Mental Health Courses
Workplace CARE Certificate- Level 1
Offered through our partnership with the Canadian Mental Health Association of BC (CMHA BC), this course will help start the conversation around workplace mental health, how it can fluctuate over time and addresses challenges such as anxiety, depression, disordered eating and substance use. Free, online, and self-paced. This course takes approx. 3 hours to complete.
Level 1 is for front line employees, supervisors and managers.
- Identify when a person may be a danger to themselves or others
- Recognize the signs of mental health challenges and provide help to prevent or avoid crises
- Provide comfort to someone having challenges with their mental health and support them in recovery
- Guide a person toward appropriate professional help
- Improve your own mental health
- Support the creation of a psychologically safe workplace
Workplace CARE Certificate- Level 2
Offered through our partnership with the CMHA BC, this course focuses on helping supervisors and managers understand how to provide mental health support for their employees. The course explores the roles of helpers, communication and trust as well as addresses implicit cultures and health boundary setting within psychologically safe and health workplaces. Free, online, and self-paced. This course takes approx. 3-5 hours to complete.
Level 2 is for leaders (supervisors, managers, business owners, HR & OHS professionals)
- Identify your role in promoting a psychologically safe and healthy workplace culture
- Notice and support employees who may be struggling
- Understand resources available for your own health and for your loved ones
Workplace CARE Certificate- Level 3
Offered through our partnership with the CMHA BC, this course has been designed to support senior tourism or hospitality employers and strategic leaders to take practical steps toward building their own psychologically safe and healthy workplace. Free, blended delivery (online, self-paced modules and 2, 1-hour virtual classes). This course takes approx. 10 hours to complete.
Level 3 is for senior leaders (Employers, General Managers, Directors, VPs, HR & OHS professionals).
- Understand the National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace (“the Standard”)
- Identify your organization’s strengths and areas for improvement, in alignment with the Standard’s 13 psychosocial factors
- With support, develop elements of a practical take-away plan to advance your progress toward building a psychologically safe and healthy workplace through implementing the Standard
- Identify the resources you will need to complete, activate, and evaluate your overall strategy
- Connect with a go2HR Workplace Learning Coach for additional assistance
More Mental Health Resources
Our coaches are knowledgeable, experienced tourism and hospitality professionals with training and lived experiences in mental health. They provide 1:1 support for industry employers and workers across BC, at no cost. Learning Coaches do not provide counselling. They can, however, help you find resources for yourself, your team, or your organization to build a safe and healthy workplace culture. Contact them today!Read More
BC’s Hub for Workplace
The BC Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA BC) and go2HR have partnered to create mental health and wellness resources specifically for the tourism and hospitality industry. BC’s Hub for Workplace Mental Health is regularly updated and includes information and resources about mental health, access to training, coaching support and more.Read More
BC’s Hub for Workplace Mental Health offers webinars for industry employees and employers on a range of topics including: Workplace Stress, Empathic Leadership and more. Updated regularly, be sure to check back often for new dates and sessions.Read More
Explore Our Resources
Our Resource library has you covered with in-depth information about Health & Safety, Human Resources, Training, Research, Strategy, and more.View All Resources