Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Courses
An Introduction to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) for Tourism & Hospitality | ONLINE $35
As our industry works to become more equitable, diverse, and inclusive, this course will give you the foundational knowledge needed to thoughtfully engage and move forward on your journey whether you are an individual, leader, an HR or EDI specialist, a school, or an organization, this beginner course gives you the common language to go deeper. We recommend this course as a complement to other EDI initiatives or work you may be undertaking.
In this course we will look at core concepts and terms such as: equity, diversity, inclusion, positionality, intersectionality, types of bias, microaggressions, microinsults, microassaults, and microaggressions.
This self-paced course is conveniently hosted in an online environment, allowing participants to engage with the material at their own pace. Embracing flexibility, this digital format ensures accessibility for all, enabling tourism and hospitality professionals to easily integrate equity, diversity, and inclusion principles into their work lives.
- Why EDI is Relevant to Tourism & Hospitality
- What EDI is
- What the Bias Barrier is and different types of bias
- What EDI Behaviours and Competencies are
- Beyond legislation about how to address Discrimination in the Workplace
- How to Put Inclusive Behaviours and Competencies into Action through awareness, openness and building cultural competency