Hospitality worker pushing a bell cart after taking SuperHost.
Customer Service Training
The SuperHost® suite of courses brings relevant, up-to-date customer service training to front-line staff in every industry at an affordable price. Delivered online and in the classroom, SuperHost® equips customer service employees with the practical skills and knowledge they need to meet and exceed their customers’ expectations. Since its launch in 1985, SuperHost® has become the gold standard for customer service excellence in BC.See Online Training
Why Become SuperHost® Certified?
- Competitive advantage in the job market
- Enhanced transferable skills such as communication, conflict resolution, and teamwork
- Practical knowledge to create exceptional customer service experiences
- Greater customer satisfaction
- Increased revenue and business bottom line
- Improved employee competence and a happier, more productive workplace
Diverse hospitality employee at work at restaurant.
Shape the Next Generation in Hospitality & Tourism
Weather you’re an employer, a teaching professional, or an educational institution, you have the power to shape the future of customer service in the Tourisms & Hospitality industry. Take a look below to see how you can impact the next generation!
Online Learning | $59
An online comprehensive and practical introduction to customer service best practices, SuperHost: Foundations of Service Quality is an essential first step for all customer service professionals. An online course designed to sharpen in-demand transferable skills like teamwork, communication, and conflict resolution, with interactive activities and action-oriented tips to prepare you for the front lines.
What you’ll learn:
- Basic customer service, communication and teamwork skills
- The importance of frontline employees in service sector businesses
- Expectations from the point of view of customers, employers, and employees
- Communication etiquette and best practices
- Service recovery techniques
Are you a business operator interested in arranging private classroom training for your employees? The Foundations of Service Quality™ classroom course is estimated to be 6 hours long. The lessons include fun, interactive activities, and students will go home with ideas and skills that they can apply to their job immediately.
- Individuals functioning at a solid level 2 or higher in their Essential Skills (250+ IRT Score)
- Individuals with a good command of the English language at Canadian Language Benchmarks Level 6, or higher
Whether locals or visitors, your customers are a mosaic of different backgrounds and identities; a “one-size-fits-all” service approach doesn’t cut it. Our world and needs are changing, and so should our service delivery. A personalized approach focused on meeting each customer’s unique needs is the marker of successful and inclusive customer service.
Are you a front-line customer service professional? Make inclusive service your top priority and boost your customer service skills with SuperHost Service For All: Foundations of Inclusive Service!
What you’ll learn:
- The origin of stereotypes and how to avoid them through empathy and sensitivity
- Identification and awareness of diversity in the community
- Recognition of customer groups that may have specialized needs, including but not limited to:
- Different generations (e.g. boomers, Gen X, millennials, etc.)
- Persons with disabilities
- 2SLGBTQ+ people
- Indigenous peoples
- People for whom English is a second language
- Ways to tailor service for customers from varying ethnic, social, and economic backgrounds
- Elements of professionally appropriate language when delivering service
- Tips and examples of specific accommodations that customers within identifiable social groups might require
Building consumer confidence to travel is necessary for the tourism and hospitality industry. The SuperHost Destination Ambassador Program provides your stakeholders, volunteers, destination ambassadors, guest services staff and more with the skills they need today to showcase and promote your community to visitors and guests.
Note: go2HR provides the course framework and collaborates with local tourism organizations and SuperHost Instructors to develop community and region-specific course content. Contact go2HR if you are interested in developing The SuperHost Destination Ambassador Program for your community.
What you’ll learn:
- Enhance the visitor experience so guests want to return
- Help build customer confidence in the destination
- Understand the importance of tourism and how it benefits your local community
- Identify different visitor profiles and reasons they visit your area
- Understand how to best promote products and the services your community has to offer
If you are interested in becoming a Certified SuperHost Instructor to deliver Foundations of Service Quality, here is some information you’ll need to know.
Instructor Training and Certification Process
- Complete course pre-work as assigned by go2HR
- Attend virtual training sessions
- Pay $350 for the SuperHost Instructor Training, which includes the certification training and one-year instructor certification dues.
- Pay annual certification dues (currently $200 per year) and deliver a minimum of two (2) courses per year to maintain the status as an active Certified Instructor.
- A certificate, diploma or degree in facilitation, training or education, plus 200 hours of recent training or teaching experience (within the last 5 years); or an equivalent combination of teaching/training education and experience
- Work experience in a customer-facing role
- Strong English language, communication, and facilitation skills
If you are interested in becoming a Training Provider to deliver Foundations of Service Quality, check what kind of organization is suitable to become a SuperHost Training Provider:
- Secondary and post-secondary institutions offering workplace skills training in the curriculum
- Business or industry organizations offering customer service training to members or stakeholders
- Employers wanting to include SuperHost as part of their in-house training program
- Organizations offering skills training to prospective and current front-line employees
- Delivering a minimum of 2 SuperHost courses in each 12-month period following the initial certification date
- Adhering to terms and conditions of SuperHost Training Provider License Agreement
Restaurant Server in BC serving patrons.
Frequently Asked Questions
Looking for more information on SUPERHOST®? Check out some of the common questions users have below.
Can’t find what you’re looking for, please use the link below to contact us so we can better assist you!Contact Us
A. You can obtain a SuperHost® certificate by completing a SuperHost course and passing the final exam. You can take the course online, or in the classroom through an approved SuperHost Training Provider.
The quickest way to achieve SuperHost certification is online through our website. The self-directed online course offers you the flexibility to learn at your own pace. The cost of the online training is $59, and you will receive your exam results immediately.
Regardless of the delivery method, students are required to pass the online exam. Upon successful completion of the online exam and short survey, you will receive a congratulation email with a link to access your account and download your certificate.
Take the next step!
Learn more about our online training.See Our Courses
A. You need to achieve a grade of 70% or higher in your final exam to receive a SuperHost certificate.
A. You will have five attempts to pass the final exam.
A. If you do not achieve a grade of 70% or higher on your fifth attempt of the final exam, you need to register again and re-take the course.
A. At this time, all SuperHost courses are only available in English.
A. No, your certificate does not expire.
A. We can change your name on your SuperHost certificate if you provide us with a copy of a legal document showing your previous name and current name. Documents can be any government issued ID, including your birth certificate or marriage certificate. Please use the below link to write a short email requesting your name change.
Typically, your request will be processed within 5 business days. You will be notified once your name has been updated, and you can log in and print out your new certificate.Request a Certificate Name Change
A. SuperHost certification is designed to provide students with fundamental customer service skills and help them prepare for a career in the tourism industry. The SuperHost Foundations of Service Quality™ course is ideal for people who are either entering the workforce for the first time or after a significant break, or are fairly new at working in a front-line, customer-facing role.Learn More & Register
A. WorldHost was a series of customer service training workshops managed and administered by Destination British Columbia. Prior to that the program was called SuperHost® and was originally launched in 1985 in preparation for Expo 86.
go2HR took over the program in 2017 and since then, a new suite of classroom and online courses has been developed and launched under the revitalized, refreshed SuperHost brand. While the WorldHost program is still recognized by employers and the tourism industry, you are encouraged to complete the new SuperHost program as it includes updated and relevant content along with best practices required to meet the current demands and expectations of employers and visitors.