Chef de Cuisine
- The Wickaninnish Inn
- Full Time |
- 500 Osprey Lane Tofino
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Join our Culinary Team as a Chef de Cuisine, where you have the opportunity to learn and grow in a Relais & Chateaux property also recognized as a Forbes, AAA 4-Diamond Resort and T&L World’s Best Hotel.
We are looking for a talented and passionate individual who will bring a combination of culinary expertise and an ability to inspire, support, and lead a driven team of skilled individuals who are proud to deliver our guests a memorable, world-class experience on the West Coast of Canada.
As a Chef de Cuisine you will:
• Uphold and ensure the brigade maintains the highest level of culinary excellence, adhering to all procedures and protocols.
• Be responsible for all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen, ensuring the highest level of culinary excellence.
• Staff supervision, training and development, human resources.
• Meet and strive to exceed Relais & Chateaux, Forbes and AAA 4 Diamond Standards.
• Assist the Executive Chef in the creation and overseeing of menu planning, production, and presentation of items for The Pointe Restaurant, On the Rocks Bar, Driftwood Café, Special Events, and Room Service.
• Assist the Executive Chef with scheduling, payroll, budgeting, training and development, and performance evaluations.
• Make sure your team has the tools and products they need to be successful: ordering, inventory, equipment, and maintenance of a safe, sanitary, and healthy working environment.
• Assume management of culinary operations in the absence of the Executive Chef.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Our ideal candidate will embody the West Coast culture, while still being committed to the art of hospitality and pursuit of excellence. They will have:
• Be knowledgeable about, and capable of meeting and exceeding Relais & Chateaux and AAA 4 Diamond and Forbes standards.
• Exemplary guest service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations.
• Endless passion for their craft, love of food, and love of fresh ingredients.
• Minimum 3 years in a similar position/level in a fine dining establishment or similar experience.
• Team player and proven demonstrated leadership.
• A professional demeanor, in all aspects of communication and composure.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
• Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a high-pressure fast-paced fine dining environment.
• A positive and proactive approach and an ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• A finger on the pulse of current culinary and F&B trends, and techniques, and a commitment to continual education and expanding their knowledge base.
• A Journeyman/Red Seal Certification is an asset.
• Valid FoodSafe Certification.
• An eagerness to contribute innovative and creative concepts to continually enhance the kitchen and Wickaninnish Inn as a whole, serving as an integral member of the team.
• A mutual understanding of your employment duration will be determined during your interview.
Team Member Benefits: https://www.wickinn.com/about-employment/
Job Application Process
In order to apply for this career opportunity, send your resume and cover letter by clicking Apply Now. By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your Resume and interests align with our currently available positions.Apply Now