Foodie Tour Guide: Victoria
- Off The Eaten Track
- Part Time |
- 470 Belleville Street
- Tour Guide position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
We are not a boring tour company! We are foodie experts, we know all the best secret hidden gems, are passionate about food, and want to show the most local side of Victoria. We tell engaging stories, provide cool insider tips, and make sure our guests have the best time on our award-winning food tours.
We also provide outstanding customer service and exceptional tour experiences by being courteous, professional, polite, and dependable. We will go out of our way to make sure every guest is having a good time. If you are passionate about food, love to tell stories, and can provide exceptional customer service we want to talk to you! The position is daytime hours only roughly 8-12 hours/week with some on-call shifts.
Here is what we are looking for in a candidate:
- Passion for restaurants and food is a MUST
- Ability to command and captivate a crowd and lead a tour from 2-16 people
- Friendly, up-beat, enthusiastic, and welcoming attitude
- Captivating storytelling and skilled conversationalist
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Punctual and able to handle a flexible schedule
- Clean and professional appearance
- Acute time management skills
- Ability to project your voice in loud spaces
- Professional approach to your work
- Respect for all peoples and empathy
- Punctuality and reliability a MUST
- Ability to think on your feet.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with a fun and dedicated small team of locals that just want to be an awesome food tour company
- Access to friends and family rate on any of our guided and self-guided food tours
- Extensive foodie tour training
- $50 per month foodie allowance – we pay you to go out and eat!
- Eating meetings and professional development workshops.
- Fun team-building events to build your culinary prowess and knowledge of Victoria
- Flexible schedule
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Must be available days and some weekends
- A second language not required but considered an asset
- Previous experience working in in the Food & Beverage, Tourism, or Hospitality Industry
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk distances
$18/hour plus gratuities
$50/month restaurant allowance
SuperHost Foundations of Service Quality
Job Application Process
How to Apply:
Please send a single email with ALL of the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the following format in the email subject line: Your First Name – Last Name – Tour Guide Application 2023
- Tell us your top 5 foodie destinations in Victoria and why. Show us your awesome personality!
- Resume including references