- The Wickaninnish Inn
- Full Time |
- 500 Osprey Lane
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Join our Housekeeping Team as a Housekeeping Manager, where you have the opportunity to learn and grow in a Relais & Chateaux property also recognized as a Forbes, AAA 4-Diamond Resort and T&L World’s Best Hotel.
Do you like to inspire and motivate? Are you looking for an opportunity for personal and professional development in an environment that supports you to be the best version of yourself?
As a Housekeeping Manager you will be responsible for the overall, day-to-day operation of the Housekeeping Department and will be a member of the Wickaninnish Inn’s Senior Management Team.
The Housekeeping Manager along with the Director and other Housekeeping Leaders will be responsible for ensuring that the Wickaninnish Inn standards of service are maintained and that all housekeeping team members are consistently exceeding our guests’ expectations.
As a Housekeeping Manager you will:
•Be true to the mission statements of the Inn. Constantly ensure that the “5 C” standards of Relais & Chateaux, Forbes, AAA standards and Wickaninnish Inn service philosophies are followed.
• Foster an inclusive culture where all team members feel valued for who they are, feel appreciated for their contributions, talents, and perspective, and are offered opportunities for growth and development.
•Lead by example and be a pro-active member of the Housekeeping Leadership Team
• Be responsible and accountable for the actions of the housekeeping team. You will work as a “hands on manager” assisting the team as they strive to meet or exceed guest expectations.
• Be the contact person for all guests who may require immediate assistance from Housekeeping Leadership, and/or follow up with guest concerns as necessary.
• Create a positive atmosphere for learning & development for housekeeping team members.
• Create, implement, monitor and continually improve systems and processes within the Housekeeping Department that drive efficiency, team culture, and ameliorate the guest experience.
• Create, record and manage the annual budget for the housekeeping.
• Be responsible for the overall cleanliness and physical condition of all areas of the Wickaninnish Inn.
• Co-ordinate all Human Resource functions within the Housekeeping Department.
• Complete all administrative responsibilities required to maintain the smooth operation of the Housekeeping Department.
• Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety standards and foster a culture of safety among the team.
• Source, purchase and inventory all Housekeeping Supplies.
• Assist in coordinating the renovations, upgrades and deep cleaning of the Inn during the Annual Closure.
• Be responsible for sustainable cleaning practices, and legislated cleaning and safety procedures and standards for the Inn
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Our ideal candidate will embody the West Coast culture, while still being committed to the art of hospitality and pursuit of excellence. They will have:
• Exemplary guest service skills and demonstrated enthusiasm and talent for exceeding guest expectations.
• The ability and desire to lead a world-class and award-winning Housekeeping team.
• Excellent Human Resources skills.
• Minimum 2 years management or supervisor experience in the service industry or 4 years of experience in a housekeeping department is necessary.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, are needed.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a stressful environment, and creative problem-solving skills are necessary.
• Knowledge of standard operating financial statements as well as the budgeting process, scheduling and effective cost management.
Working knowledge of relevant platforms including, but not limited to: Maestro PMS, and Microsoft Office suite.
• To work evenings and weekends as needed, and maintain flexibility in scheduling.
• To have WHMIS knowledge and/or certification.
• A mutual understanding of your employment duration will be determined during your interview.
Team Member Benefits: https://www.wickinn.com/about-employment/
Job Application Process
In order to apply for this career opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking ‘Apply Now’.By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your Resume and interests align with our currently available positions.Apply Now