Small Groups Coordinator / Reservations Agent
- The Wickaninnish Inn
- Full Time |
- 500 Osprey Lane
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Join our Front Office Team as a Small Groups Coordinator/Reservations Agent, where you have the opportunity to learn and grow in a Relais & Chateaux property also recognized as a Forbes, AAA 4-Diamond Resort and T&L World’s Best Hotel.
The Small Groups Coordinator/Reservations Agent position is a combination position to provide additional coverage of 1-800 reservation calls and reservation administrative tasks in addition to booking, coordination and implementation of small group bookings taken through the Front Office/Reservations team. Small Groups are considered more than 3 rooms, up to 14 people. Hours of work, as well as work days, will vary.
As Small Groups Coordinator/Reservations Agent you will:
• Act as point of contact for the booking process for Small Groups: sending contracts, arranging and monitoring billing.
• Take and process reservation calls.
• Monitoring and responding to all e-mail inquiries.
• Ongoing checks for accuracy and guest confirmations.
• Administrative duties such as maintenance of reservation files and day to day operational paperwork are required
• Prepare weekly resumes to share with the senior management team.
• Small Group Coordinator will be responsible for the management of small groups, carefully coordinating and planning their itinerary which may include their dining arrangements and activities and ensuring all departments are briefed and aware of the details regarding their stay.
• This position will also be expected to assist on the Guest Reception desk in a limited capacity as a Guest Service Representative whenever necessary
• Work closely with all departments and community contacts for off property dining, activities and transportation needs on behalf of the group, to ensure a cohesive and integrated approach.
• Maintain ongoing communication with other teams on group needs and expectations or changes while inhouse.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Our ideal candidate will embody the West Coast culture, while still being committed to the art of hospitality and pursuit of excellence. They will have:
Will embody the West Coast culture while still being committed to the art of hospitality and pursuit of excellence. They will have:
• Exemplary customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations are the minimum expectations for all Wickaninnish employees.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in the Service industry or 1 year of experience in a high-end luxury facility is necessary.
• Previous Reservations or Guest Services experience.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
• Superior communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a stressful environment, and creative problem-solving skills are necessary.
• Working knowledge of Maestro, Microsoft Word and Excel and File Maker Pro are assets.
• Attention to detail and “sweat the small stuff” attitude.
• A professionally groomed appearance.
• A positive and pro-active approach.
• Weekend shifts will be required.
• A mutual understanding of your employment duration will be determined during your interview.
21.00 per hour
Team Member Benefits: https://www.wickinn.com/about-employment/
Job Application Process
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your Resume and interests align with our currently available positions.Apply Now