Photo Credit: Tourism Richmond / Albert Normandin
A casino slot attendants provides a variety of guest services on the gaming floor. The range and extent of skills used in the workplace depends upon the jurisdiction, the casino and the available technology. They may work evenings, weekends and holidays, as casinos are often busiest after 9 – 5 working hours. They may receive gratuities in addition to salary.
Information provided by Discover Tourism.
- Handle cash
- Explain games
- Maintain machines and gaming area
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Mathematical skills
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Cash handling experience
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations
- Knowledge of the machines, facility, industry group and of the tourism sector
- Legal gambling age is a must
- A secondary school diploma is preferred
- Training in customer service an asset
- Provincial casino gaming license a must
- National Occupational Certification as a Casino Slot Attendant is recommended.
Possible Future Career Paths
- Shift Supervisor
- Assistant Manager
The leading free job board for tourism and hospitality jobs in BC. From front line customer service to culinary/trades/technical to senior executive positions, BC’s vibrant tourism and hospitality industry offers a variety of occupations. Whatever your career goals are, the go2HR Job board can help get you there.View Our Job Board