A food service counter attendant prepares, heats and finishes simple food items. These simple food items are served to customers at food counters. Food service counter attendants are employed in food and beverage establishments where servers are not used or the dining experience is more casual, buffet or fast food in style.
- Process food orders from customers
- Prepare foods like sandwiches, burgers, wraps, salads, soft drinks etc.
- Basic plate and portion preparation; both dine-in and take-out
- Serve customers in counter or buffet style setting
- Stock inventory
- May handle cash and cash count in till
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Secondary school education is usually required
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Cash handling skills
Possible Future Career Paths
- Team Lead
The leading free job board for tourism and hospitality jobs in BC. From front line customer service to culinary/trades/technical to senior executive positions, BC’s vibrant tourism and hospitality industry offers a variety of occupations. Whatever your career goals are, the go2HR Job board can help get you there.View Our Job Board