Photo Credit: Tourism Vancouver/ Clayton Perry
A gate/cash attendant identifies to customers the price of admission to an attraction or the cost of related goods and services. They receive and process payment, provide tickets or proof of purchase, answer questions and provide directions. Work may be at any type of attraction, ranging from museums and art galleries to historic sites and botanical gardens.
- Follow established cash-handling procedures
- Share knowledge of attraction with customers
- Handle customer comments, complaints and requests
- Cash out and reconcile cash with total sales
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skills
- Professional attitude
- Organizational skills
- Enjoy working with people
- Cash handling experience
- Knowledge of the attraction and local area
- Customer service experience is desirable.
- Secondary school diploma is preferred.
- Knowledge of the National Occupational Entry Level Skills Standards is an asset.
Possible Future Career Paths
- Attraction Tour Guide
- Attraction Supervisor
The leading free job board for tourism and hospitality jobs in BC. From front line customer service to culinary/trades/technical to senior executive positions, BC’s vibrant tourism and hospitality industry offers a variety of occupations. Whatever your career goals are, the go2HR Job board can help get you there.View Our Job Board