March 28, 2023
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Fundamental principles of occupational health and safety (OHS) in British Columbia
- Key elements of a safety management system
The course consists of 9 modules packed with OHS content, interactive exercises and quizzes.
Learners can complete the course or only selected modules relevant to their position. Learners can return to the course anytime to complete additional modules as needed.
Learners can complete modules in any order. Each module takes 60 to 90 minutes to complete. Modules include:
- Management and Leadership Commitment
- Hazard Identification and Control
- Safe Work Procedures and Written Instruction
- Inspection of Premises, Equipment, Workplaces and Work Practices
- Investigation of Incidents/Accidents
- Training and Instruction of Employees
- Program Administration
- Joint Health and Safety Committees
- Injury Management/Return to Work Programs
Upon completing all nine modules, learners will earn a Certificate of Completion.
WHO IT’S FOR
- Individuals responsible for leading OHS and/or the Certificate of Recognition (COR) program within their organization
- Members of a joint health and safety committee (JHSC).
The training fulfills the annual eight hours of OHS training entitlement for JHSC members. It also counts towards the continuing professional development requirement for COR internal auditors. Learners can use the program to show continuous learning for other OHS or human resources professional certifications (e.g., CRSP, CPHR and CHSC).
The OHS Program Fundamentals course is free for all BC Tourism & Hospitality employers and workers.
Access the course directly via the go2HR Training Hub here.