Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Program Fundamentals is an online course designed for human resource and health and safety professionals, business owners, employers and managers in BC’s tourism, hospitality and foodservice industry.
In this interactive nine-module course, you will learn the fundamental principles of occupational health and safety in British Columbia, and gain an understanding of the key elements of a Safety Management System through a series of exercises and quizzes.
Each module will take approximately 60 to 90 minutes to complete, and upon successful completion you will earn a Certificate of Completion in:
- Management and Leadership Commitment
- Hazard Identification and Control
- Safe Work Procedures and Written Instruction
- Inspection of Premises, Equipment, Workplaces and Work Practices
- Investigation of Incidents/Accidents
- Training and Instruction of Employees
- Program Administration
- Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Injury Management/Return to Work Programs
Training offered by go2HR is ideal for individuals that are responsible for leading OHS and/or the Certificate of Recognition (COR) Program within their organizations as well as for members of a Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC). The training is suitable for individuals wishing to fulfill their annual eight hours of OHS training entitlement as a JHSC member. It also counts towards the continuous professional development requirement for COR Internal Auditors and may be used to show continuous learning for other OHS/HR professional certifications (e.g. CRSP, CHRP and CHSC).
The cost of the OHS Program Fundamentals course is normally $99.00 + applicable taxes. However, the course is complimentary if you meet either of the following criteria:
- Your organization is registered in the go2HR Certificate of Recognition (COR) program; or
- You are employed by a British Columbia, Canada (BC) tourism, hospitality and foodservice organization in one of the following WorkSafeBC classification units (CU):
- 761034 - Pub, bar, nightclub or lounge;
- 761035 - Restaurant or other dining establishment;
- 761038 - Ski hill or gondola ride; and
- 761056 - Overnight or short-term accommodation.
If you are eligible to receive complimentary access to the course, please click here to request access. If approved, you will receive a password and log in information within three business days.
If you do not work in a tourism, hospitality or foodservice organization in the above classification units, or live outside of BC, the fee for the course is $99.00 plus applicable taxes. To register and pay, please click here.
For more information, contact the go2HR Industry Health & Safety Team.