Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Program Fundamentals is an online course designed for employers, managers and supervisors working in BC’s tourism, hospitality and foodservice industry.
In this interactive nine-module course, you will learn the fundamental principles of occupational health and safety in British Columbia, and gain an understanding of the key elements of a Safety Management System through a series of interactive exercises and quizzes.
Each module will take approximately 60 to 90 minutes to complete, and upon successful completion you will earn a Certificate of Completion in:
- Management and Leadership Commitment
- Hazard Identification and Control
- Safe Work Procedures and Written Instruction
- Inspection of Premises, Equipment, Workplaces and Work Practices
- Investigation of Incidents/Accidents
- Training and Instruction of Employees
- Program Administration
- Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Injury Management/Return to Work Programs
This training is ideal for individuals who are responsible for leading OHS and/or the Certificate of Recognition (COR) Program within their organizations as well as for members of a Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC). The training is suitable for individuals wishing to fulfill their annual eight hours of OHS training entitlement as a JHSC member. It also counts towards continuing professional development requirement for COR Internal Auditors and may be used to show continuous learning for other OHS/HR professional certifications (e.g. CRSP, CHRP and CHSC).
The cost of the OHS Program Fundamentals course is normally $99.00 + applicable taxes. However, the course is complimentary if you meet either of the following criteria:
- Your organization is registered in the go2HR Certificate of Recognition (COR) program; or
- You are employed by a British Columbia, Canada (BC) tourism, hospitality and foodservice organization in one of the following WorkSafeBC classification units (CU):
- 761034 – Pub, bar, nightclub or lounge;
- 761035 – Restaurant or other dining establishment;
- 761038 – Ski hill or gondola ride; and
- 761056 – Overnight or short-term accommodation.
If you are eligible to receive complimentary access to the course, please click here to request access. If approved, you will receive a password and log in information within three business days.
If you do not work in a tourism, hospitality or foodservice organization in the above classification units, or live outside of BC, the fee for the course is $99.00 plus applicable taxes. To register and pay, please click here.
For more information, contact the go2HR Industry Health & Safety Team.