Occupational Health & Safety Program Fundamentals is an online course designed for employers, managers and supervisors working in BC’s tourism, hospitality and foodservice industry.
In this interactive nine-module course, you’ll learn the fundamental principles of occupational health and safety (OHS) in British Columbia. You’ll also gain an understanding of the key elements of a safety management system through a series of interactive exercises and quizzes.
Each module will take about 60 to 90 minutes to complete. When you complete the course successfully, you will earn a Certificate of Completion. Course modules include:
- Management and Leadership Commitment
- Hazard Identification and Control
- Safe Work Procedures and Written Instruction
- Inspection of Premises, Equipment, Workplaces and Work Practices
- Investigation of Incidents/Accidents
- Training and Instruction of Employees
- Program Administration
- Joint Health and Safety Committees
- Injury Management/Return to Work Programs
WHO IT’S FOR
This training is ideal for individuals who are responsible for leading OHS and/or the Certificate of Recognition (COR) program within their organizations, as well as for members of a joint health and safety committee (JHSC). The training is suitable for individuals wishing to fulfill their annual eight hours of OHS training entitlement as a JHSC member. It also counts towards the continuing professional development requirement for COR internal auditors. And it may also be used to show continuous learning for other OHS or human resources professional certifications (e.g., CRSP, CHRP and CHSC).
The cost of the OHS Program Fundamentals course is normally $99.00 plus applicable taxes. However, you can take the course at no charge if you meet either of the following criteria:
- Your organization is registered in the go2HR Certificate of Recognition (COR) program
- You are employed by a BC tourism and hospitality organization in one of the following WorkSafeBC classification units (CUs):
- 761034 – Pub, bar, nightclub or lounge
- 761035 – Restaurant or other dining establishment
- 761038 – Ski hill or gondola ride
- 761056 – Overnight or short-term accommodation
HOW TO REGISTER
If you are eligible to receive complimentary (no-charge) access to the course, please click here to request access. If approved, you will receive a password and log-in information within three business days.
If you do not work in a tourism, hospitality or foodservice organization in the above classification units, or if you live outside of BC, the fee for the course is $99.00 plus applicable taxes. To register and pay, please click here.
For more information, contact the go2HR Industry Health & Safety Team.