- Hotel Grand Pacific
- Full Time |
- 463 Belleville St Victoria
- 2 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Do you live and breathe hospitality? Are you motivated to provide a fantastic first impression for guests? Join our team!
As some of our team members prepare to head back to school in September, Hotel Grand Pacific is seeking another Bell Person to join its Guest Services department. Located on Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour and boasting a range of excellent facilities, Hotel Grand Pacific is a proud member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts.
The ideal candidate has a constant smile on their face and loves to offer suggestions on what to see and do around Victoria. They see a guest approaching and are ready to open the door for them with a friendly greeting. They are proactive in helping others and personify exemplary service in all their interactions.
This is a permanent, full-time position. Shifts will vary and include the following times: 7am-3:30pm, 11am-7:30pm, 3pm-11:30am
$18.67/hr + gratuities
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Proactively greet all arriving and departing guests
• Assist guests with luggage, including storage and transportation to rooms
• Carry out valet parking duties in a safe and responsible manner
• Assist guests with queries, including taxi bookings and local recommendations
• Address and follow up on any guest concerns
• Maintain a safe, tidy and welcoming lobby area
• Act as an ambassador for the Hotel, maintaining professionalism in all interactions and high standards of personal presentation
What we’re looking for:
• 2 years of front-facing customer service experience, preferably including in a hotel setting
• Clean and valid Class 5 Driver’s License
• Approachable, positive, and outgoing personality
• Clear and professional verbal communication skills
• Attentive and observant with a high level of initiative and organization
• Takes initiative to stay updated on Hotel products and services
• Solid knowledge of Greater Victoria’s attractions and culinary offerings
• Comfortable standing for prolonged periods
• Able to comfortably lift up to 50 pounds
• Able to operate both automatic and manual transmission vehicles
• Second language an asset
We thank applicants for their interest but are only able to consider candidates with valid authorization to work in Canada.
18.67/hr + grats
• Friendly community environment • Onsite parking • Discounted gym membership for Victoria Athletic Club • Subsidized meal program • Food discounts in both our Café and Fathom Restaurant • Discounted hotel rate for family & friends • Excellent extended benefits (Life and AD&D, Health, Dental, Vision, and an Employee and Family Assistance program. A matching Defined Contribution Pension Plan & an RRSP program available when eligible) • Industry discounts on local tourist attractions • Employee recognition & referral program • Treat days, employee events and an annual employee party • We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity and inclusion in our team • We support professional growth of our employees through use of internal job postings and cross-training opportunities.
Job Application Process
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be invited to interview. Offers are conditional upon satisfactory professional references.Apply Now