- The Wickaninnish Inn
- Full Time |
- 500 Osprey Lane Tofino
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Do you like to inspire and motivate? Are you looking for an opportunity for personal and professional development in an environment that supports you to be the best version of yourself?
Join our Housekeeping team as a Housekeeping Supervisor, where you have the opportunity to learn and grow in a Relais & Chateaux property also recognized as an AAA 4-Diamond Resort and T&L World’s Best Hotel.
Yes, the bulk of the work in most Housekeeping Departments is cleaning; let’s not gloss over the fact that Room Attendants clean toilets, sinks, showers, make beds, vacuum kilometers of carpet each day and fold mountains of laundry. What is different at The Wickaninnish Inn? It’s the culture, the leadership and the empowerment given to every employee to seek out those moments where they can engage with a guest and make their stay that much more memorable.
As a Housekeeping Supervisor you are a hands-on leader, running the floors and at times with the Housekeeping Manager. You are responsible for inspiring the team in their daily duties, supporting their development. You can also try your hand at creating new staff appreciation opportunities whether it be an event or a simple gesture such as a “Thank you” cookie.
• Performing quality checks on guestrooms and public spaces and providing feedback
• Be the contact person for all guests or staff who may require immediate assistance from the Housekeeping Leadership team, and/or follow up with guest or staff concerns as necessary
• Be responsible for the overall cleanliness and physical condition of the Housekeeping Department work and storage areas.
• Play a role amongst the Leadership team wherein you would develop valuable skills such as scheduling, training, HR, procurement/purchasing; including research, costing and implementation
• Look for opportunities to create magical moments for our guests
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Be passionate about the art of service and have an acute eye for detail. Energetic and an inspiring leader that possesses initiative to put forward positive ideas for daily opportunities.
• Previous housekeeping experience is required
• Minimum 1-year management or supervisory experience in the Hospitality industry and/or related service industry OR 2 years of front-line experience in a high-end luxury facility is highly preferred
• Physically able to meet the demands of the position
• Working knowledge of Maestro, Microsoft Office Suite, and File Maker Pro are assets
• Familiarity with guestroom technology such as Apple products, Bluetooth, Smart Tv’s, etc.
• WHMIS certification or willingness to obtain
• Must enjoy working evenings, weekends and holidays
• An employment duration commitment will be required
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
Team Member Benefits: https://www.wickinn.com/about-employment/
Job Application Process
In order to apply for this career opportunity, send your resume and cover letter by clicking Apply Now. By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your Resume and interests align with our currently available positions.Apply Now