- Pan Pacific Vancouver
- Full Time |
- 999 Canada Place Suite 300 Vancouver
- 2 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
eporting to the Reservations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the reservation service for the hotel providing guests with friendly, courteous telephone service while selling highest possible rates and maximizing of room revenue.
The key responsibilities of the Reservations Agent include but are not limited to:
– Provides superior service for all guest calls; answers internal and external phone promptly, professionally with a friendly greeting & identifying self; addresses guest by name and uses callers name minimum 3 times during the interaction.
– Explains room rate structure, available rooms, method of payment/guarantee and cancellation policies, facilities and services; collects pre-registration information e.g. (name, e-mail, CC number, etc.)
– Enters guest reservation details into Opera system; reviews and sends written confirmation to the guest
– Completes reservations and other duties in an efficient and accurate manner; offers further assistance within the hotel Services and facilities to all callers; promotes Hotel facilities to guests through selling and up-selling
– Reserves callers in hotel restaurants for dine-in and/or refer to restaurant managers as appropriate.
– Receive and processes room service orders using Silverware. Ensure accuracy of the orders at the point of sale and liaise with servers and/or kitchen for any menu modifications. Learn and stay updated on the In-Room Dining Menu. Escalate any discrepancies to supervisors.
– Enter wake-up calls into the system accurately and track daily. Assist with manual wake-up calls when the system is unavailable.
– Actions in-house guest requests promptly and accurately by engaging the right department and dispatching requests accordingly, e.g. delivery of rollaway beds, laundry pickup, service requests or any other assistance that in-house guests may require.
– Answers guest requests (letters, fax, E Mails) promptly; manages Reservations / Service One In-Boxes and actions all emails and notifications no later than within 24 hours with a goal of having mailboxes cleared each business day for the day. Attends departmental meetings.
– Enters reservation data from Faxes, Reservation forms, Rooming list into Opera
– Monitors emergency line and safety panels, actions any 911, 4500 calls or security panel alerts promptly.
– Manages guest complaints and escalates whenever appropriate to appropriate Department Head/Duty Manager.
– Assists group coordinators with the review and actioning of group resumes from Sales Department, and inventory balancing, as assigned. Communicates and exchanges information with Hotel Sales Department, Revenue Department and Front Desk.
– Maintains department equipment and reports equipment loss or damage to Supervisor.
– Ensures all duties on task list are completed
– Performs Tour administration responsibilities as assigned. This involves; evaluating requests from Tour groups, inputting rooming lists, setting up billing & communicating directly with tour Sales Manager.
– Understands the need and willingness to work in other related departments during peak periods as required (i.e. Front Desk).
– Maintains professional business confidentiality as required
– Perform other related duties as required
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Qualifications and Technical Experience
– 2 years previous experience in Front Office/Reservations or similar environment preferred.
– Post-Secondary education in Hospitality Management and/or Tourism & Marketing program preferred.
– Demonstrated experience in selling and the ability to upsell is required.
– Attention to Detail is essential, long periods of concentration required.
– Computer Skills – Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency with e-mail, Internet and data base applications required. Experience using hotel programs – Opera is an asset.
– Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment including answering phone calls, and replying to e-mails, while executing everyday tasks required.
– High-volume telephone calls experience an asset.
– Proven written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing professional documents and communications; Additional language an asset.
– Status: Full Time hourly (unrestricted availability required)
– Schedule: Flexibility Required: Rotating Shifts and Weekends Required (Assignment of hours will be subject to business demand, and may be increased or reduced due to seasonal fluctuations)