Bus Driver, Rafting (without air-brakes)
- Canadian Outback Rafting Co
- Full Time |
- Part Time |
- 12825 Squamish Valley Rd
- 2 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Assistance with class 2 license available!
Canadian Outback first established its rafting operation in the beautiful Squamish Valley of British Columbia in 1995 on the Elaho, Squamish and Cheakamus Rivers. We are looking for active individuals to join our team as bus drivers. If you like the outdoors and want to be part of a fun and active work environment we can assist in obtaining your class 2 driver’s license if you do not already have one. Training and vehicles can be provided by us and the cost of exams can be reimbursed at the completion of the season. Pay is competitive, and we provide staff and friends and family rafting as well as all sorts of extracurricular activities throughout the summer. There are opportunities for both full and part-time roles.
As an active member of the British Columbia River Outfitters Association (BCROA), and of tourism associations in Vancouver, Squamish, Whistler and the Yukon, Canadian Outback has established itself as a trusted name in adventure tourism in Western Canada.
Now one of the highest volume rafting companies, CORC strives to be a leader both as an operator and employer in the rafting industry and tourism community. With the company’s busy pace and growth, our rafting guides get the opportunity to work on multiple varied trips and rivers, and receive ongoing training and growth opportunities, all in a fun and rewarding work environment.
CORC is looking for 2 key team members to join as rafting bus drivers for the 2022 season.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Transportation of clients to/from CORC Squamish base (from Whistler and Vancouver)
- River shuttles for all rafting itineraries
- Vehicle maintenance (pre-trip inspections, fluid top ups, cleaning)
- Assist in equipment preparation
- Key member in emergency response procedures and protocols
- Adventure photography
- Assist base staff when necessary
- Perform other duties as they are assigned
- Provide a superior level of customer service
For those interested, the opportunity to train to become a raft guide is available throughout your employment.
There is an opportunity to be based in North Vancouver/Downtown area, and to use a company vehicle for transport back and forth from Squamish.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Detail oriented and excellent work ethic
- Ability to work independently and assume responsibility
- Photography skills
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Class 2 drivers license (CORC can assist in achieving license)
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and have an outgoing, confident personality
$160 - $240 Per day
Gratuities, staff functions, friends and family rafting rates
Job Application Process
Send resume and cover letter by clicking on the Apply Now button below.or email email@example.comApply Now