- Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel
- Full Time |
- 1000 Burrard Street Vancouver
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
The Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre and The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport are dedicated to providing guests with exceptional quality, service, and value. These guiding principles are evident with every check-in, bed made, or breakfast served. You can see this commitment to quality in the physical properties of the hotels themselves; located in the heart of the city and at Vancouver’s airport, surveying the magnificent natural elements that combine to make Vancouver one of the most beautiful cities in the world. We are proud to be Vancouver built, Vancouver owned, and Vancouver run.
A wall is only as strong as those that build it. Our associates are brought together by the fundamental sense of self-worth they derive from helping others. While each person’s talents are a credit, it is an individual’s commitment to the group effort that creates excellence.
Our foundation is exceptional people, and our passion is supporting them to succeed and exceed. More so than experience or education, it is a unanimous enthusiasm that is most highly valued. For those who work hard and consistently display positive attitude and aptitude, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Wall Centre Hotels is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Wall Centre Hotels, through education, review and engagement is achieving a work environment that is fair and just for all associates and where all associates are valued for the diversity they bring to the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, and age.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
What’s in it for you:
Working in the largest hotel in Vancouver
Aesthetically pleasing environment with a great team
Hourly compensation plus gratuities
Do you have what it takes to support the best team in Vancouver? Apply today and play a vital role in maintaining a clean, organized, and pleasant dining environment for our guests. Your attention to detail, efficiency, and teamwork will contribute to the overall success of the Wall Centre.
What your day will look like:
· Deliver excellent hospitality service by connecting with guests and customers in a respectful and friendly manner.
· Clear tables efficiently and promptly by removing used dishes, glassware, and utensils and transport them to the kitchen for thorough cleaning and sanitation.
· During peak hours, assist the kitchen team by engaging in tasks such as dishwashing and restocking essential supplies.
· Support the team by resetting tables to the restaurant’s standards, presenting guests with a clean and inviting setup that reflects our commitment to excellence.
· Cultivate effective communication with servers, hosts, and kitchen staff to ensure the cohesive coordination of operations and the fulfillment of guest expectations.
· Demonstrate an intuitive approach by anticipating guest needs, such as refilling water glasses and promptly clearing empty plates, contributing to a seamless dining experience.
· Demonstrate your passion for guest experience and display your love for food and drinks through exceptional menu and product knowledge.
Your experience and skills include:
While prior experience as a busser is beneficial, we welcome individuals with a strong commitment to learning and contributing to a dynamic team.
· Must have Serving it Right and FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
· A positive and upbeat attitude with the ability to work well under pressure within a team.
· Must be legally able to work in Canada
· Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Open to learn and ability to work with feedback to support the team.
All associates are required to be fully vaccinated with at least 2 doses of the Covid Vaccine and will be asked to provide their Canadian QR code as proof.
$19.00 per hour
Dental care Employee assistance program Extended health care RRSP match Vision care
Job Application Process
Please send a resume and/or cover letter attention to Human ResourcesApply Now