- Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites
- Full Time |
- 740 Burdett Avenue Victoria
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: No
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Vista 18 Restaurant + Lounge: Authentic – Local – Elevated
Operating for over 20 years, with a newly renovated dining room and spectacular views. We offer locally sourced produce with a global infused approach.
Our PM cooks typically work 2:30pm – 10:30pm shifts, up to five(5) days per week. We are looking for someone who can work, evenings, weekends and holidays.
The Vista Team has fun and are passionate about what they do. Come join us!
Responsibilities & Qualifications
* Prepare all aspects of the food production for Vista 18, Clive’s Classic Lounge & Room Service, according to hotel standards and sanitation practices
* Receive and stocking of deliveries for the kitchen
* Daily cleaning and inventory of walk in, storage and refrigerators for stock rotation and ensure all equipment in the work area is properly cleaned
* Report any equipment in need of repair to the Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine
* Work in a safe manner to ensure total compliance with all health and safety regulations
* Perform other duties as necessary and assigned
* Food Safe level one or equivalent required.
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar position required.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, multi functional team environment required.
* Demonstrated ability to maintain professionalism, team player attitude with positivity.
* Good communication skills required.
* Ability to supervise in the absence of the Sous chef and the Chef de Cuisine.
* Formal culinary education is considered an asset as is Food Safe level two certification or equivalent.
This Position has physical requirements:
Must be able to stand and exert well-paced ability for up to 8 hours in length. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and push and pull carts and equipment on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill projects that need to be completed for daily operations.
23.00 - 25.50 per hour plus tips
* A free meal per shift * A portion of the kitchen tip pool * Comprehensive medical and extended health benefits along with a pension program * This role is covered under a union collective bargaining agreement * Employee, Friends & Family hotel discount * Vista 18 Restaurant + Lounge and Clive’s Classic Lounge employee discount (50% discount) * Other industry discounts * Employee recognition program and events ~ birthday, holiday and employee appreciation celebrations * Learning and development opportunities * Bike storage facilities, onsite parking available and we also participate in BC Transit ProPASS program for a discounted monthly bus pass
Job Application Process
Please complete our online application form. Click the Apply now button.Apply Now