Foodie Tour Guide
- Vancouver Foodie Tours
- Part Time |
- 4-1494 Old Bridge St Vancouver
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: No
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: No
Do you love making people happy because acts of kindness fuel your soul? Would you love it even more if you can uplift communities and build relationships over delicious food?
If you are a charismatic and passionate story-teller who enjoys sharing your love for local food, culture and history, Vancouver Foodie Tours has an amazing opportunity for you! We are looking for part-time Tour Guides to join our team to deliver fun and delicious food experiences to guests.
Vancouver Foodie Tours is rated as one of the world’s best food tour operators. You will play a vital role in leading multiple culinary tours that showcase the best that Granville Island, Gastown and/or the Richmond Asian Food Scene have to offer. As a Tour Guide, you will be sharing your
passion for food and people, while delivering memorable experiences.
What’s In It For Me?
– Complimentary access for you and a guest to key attractions, including discounts at hotels, offered through the
– Tourism Challenge Privilege pass.
– Complimentary food tour experiences around the world.
– Family and friends discount to Vancouver Foodie Tours.
– Eating meetings and professional development workshops.
– Fun team-building events to build your culinary prowess and knowledge of Vancouver.
– Exclusive staff discounts on Granville Island.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
What You Will Get To Do:
– Work closely with the President and General Manager to execute amazing culinary tours in Granville Island, Gastown and/or Richmond.
– Uphold our Brand Promise to provide fun, delicious food experiences that connect guests to Vancouver.
– Learn all about Vancouver history, architecture and food through our “Serious Foodie Training” that will get you up to speed.
– Resolve any challenges that may arise during tours by working collaboratively with our Operations team and external stakeholders.
– Generate happiness and appreciation for guests, team members and partners.
– Share your love of food and community!
What You Will Have:
– A proven track record of creating rewarding experiences for customers and team members.
– You are a natural problem solver and can handle challenges with ease and grace.
– Friendly and welcoming attitude with the ability to hold an audience.
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to speak confidently to a group of people.
– Consistently act in a professional manner.
– Punctuality and the ability to manage a flexible schedule.
– Ability to stand for a few hours and walk 2-3km.
Nice To Have:
– Previous experience working in the tourism, or hospitality industry.
– Knowledge of Vancouver’s culinary scene and history.
– Have lived in Vancouver or Richmond for the past three years.
– Conversational French, Spanish, Mandarin and/or Cantonese are an asset.
You must have open availability on Saturday or Sunday plus two other weekdays to host 2 to 4 hour-long tours. New guides will be assigned 1-4 tours each week depending on volume during the peak summer months.