- Kumsheen Rafting Resort
- Full Time |
- 1345 Trans Canada Hwy Lytton
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Kumsheen is looking for a Food and Beverage Server to join our team of energetic, adventurous, and friendly staff. This is a great opportunity to work & live in one of the most beautiful areas in BC, at an incredible family-run adventure resort.
About the position:
Food and Beverage Servers at Kumsheen work under the direction of the Head Server and Head Chef in Kumsheen’s Cutting Board Restaurant. The Cutting Board Restaurant provides a friendly atmosphere, remarkable food, and memorable service to our resort guests.
In a typical year, the Cutting Board Restaurant seats 60 indoors and has a seasonal patio that seats another 60 guests. It is a full-service restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, catering primarily to resort guests and secondarily to the general public in summer months.
In May, June, and September, service is largely pre-booked banquet style meals for large groups (Dry-Grads, Corporate, etc.). During the peak season, (mid-June until mid-September), service is a limited à la carte menu and some banquet-style meals for large groups.
In addition to providing outstanding service in the Cutting Board Restaurant, our servers are key ambassadors for Kumsheen Rafting Resort. Successful servers will work on building a rapport with guests and express keen interest in the details of their experience at the resort.
The season for this position is from June 1st, 2024 – September 2nd, 2024 with the potential to extend at the start and/or end of the season.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Providing outstanding food and beverage service to guests of the Cutting Board Restaurant, and occasionally the poolside Gazebo Bar
- Provide information on food and beverages to help guests make selection, including recommending wine pairings
- Ensuring timely delivery of meals by clear communication between the Front of House and the Back of House
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness and organization in both front of house and back of house
- Acting as knowledgeable ambassadors for Kumsheen
- Providing assistance to kitchen and dishwashing staff as required
Successful applicants will possess the following:
- Able to work well individually and as part of a team, receptive to feedback
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to achieve efficient service
- Ability to interpret menu items with confidence
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of wine, wine pairing, and mixology
- Second language is an asset
- Previous experience in Hospitality/Tourism preferred
- Must have Serving it Right certificate or be willing to obtain one
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including split shifts
- Subsidized resort-based staff accommodation available to employees
- Access to outdoor recreation in one of the most beautiful regions in BC (including some of the best whitewater in western Canada!)
- Steady 5-day on/2-day off work schedule
- Paid training
- On average, our FOH staff make an addition $3-6 per hour in gratuities
- Access to the Kumsheen Resort facilities (including pool and hot tub!)
- Professional workplace and equipment
- Opportunity to grow your career in the outdoor industry
- Onsite Coffee Shop with discounted drinks for staff
- Restaurant and retail discounts, family/friend rafting passes, family accommodation discounts, and more!
Starting at $16.75 per hour plus gratuities and great perks!
Job Application Process
We pride ourselves on our talented and enthusiastic team members. If you think you’d be a great addition to our team, we’d be delighted to hear from you! Please submit your resume to email@example.com.Apply Now