- Kumsheen Rafting Resort
- Full Time |
- 1345 Trans Canada Hwy Lytton
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Kumsheen is looking for Housekeepers to join our team of energetic, adventurous, and friendly staff. This is a great opportunity to work & live in one of the most beautiful areas in BC, at an incredible family-run adventure resort.
About the position:
The position of Housekeeper is best suited for an organized self-motivator who likes working outside and has great attention to detail. The Housekeepers are not only responsible for keeping the resort accommodations orderly and clean for all of our guests, but they are also an ambassador of Kumsheen as a whole.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Key Responsibilities include:
- Communicating with the Reception Office to ensure timely turnover of rented units and that guest requirements/requests are met
- Ensuring accommodation units (Canvas Cabins and Teepees) are cleaned, cared for, and inspected according to standards
- Performing a variety of cleaning duties both in accommodation units and in common areas of the Resort (such as the washrooms)
- Laundry (washing, drying, and folding bed linens, towels, cloths and napkins)
- Collecting garbage & recycling from accommodation units
- Ensuring organization of the towels, bedding, and cleaning supplies, including checking stock levels
- Maintenance of the gardens, including weeding and pruning
Housekeepers work under the direction of the Head Housekeeper and General Managers. These team members will regularly check in with the Guest Experience Team for information regarding guest requirements at the Resort.
Successful applicants will possess the following:
- Excellent communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Friendly and a positive attitude
- Previous experience as a housekeeper is an asset
- Gardening or landscaping experience is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest but are only able to consider candidates with valid authorization to work full-time in Canada
Head Housekeeper position may be available for the ideal candidate with previous supervisory or management experience in addition to the above attributes.
Starting at $17.50/hr, plus great perks!
Employment perks include:
- Access to subsidized resort-based staff accommodation
- Access to outdoor recreation in one of the most beautiful regions in BC (including some of the best whitewater in western Canada!)
- Steady 5-day on/2-day off work schedule
- Paid training & overtime
- Access to the Kumsheen Resort facilities (including pool and hot tub!)
- Professional workplace and equipment
- Opportunity to grow your career in the outdoor industry
- Onsite Coffee Shop with discounted drinks for staff
- Restaurant and retail discounts, family/friend rafting passes, family accommodation discounts, and more!
Job Application Process
We pride ourselves on our talented and enthusiastic team members. If you think you’d be a great addition to our team, we’d be delighted to hear from you! Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now