- Nootka Marine Adventures
- Full Time |
- #211C – 750 Comox Rd Courtenay
- 2 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Reservations Agent: Your West Coast Adventure Awaits!
Come join our dynamic and adventurous team at Nootka Marine Adventures. If you love the remote outdoors and delighting customers, this position may be for you!
We are dedicated to preserving the timeless art of sport fishing while nurturing the next generation of anglers. Our mission is to provide an unparalleled luxury fishing experience that not only immerses our guests in the natural beauty of our surroundings but also instills a deep appreciation for fishing and the environment.
We are hiring a Reservations and Sales Agent for this summer season, starting as soon as possible, reporting to the Business Development Manager. If you love using your enthusiastic and professional personality to facilitate booking world-class accommodations and activities for our guests, then this might be the job for you.
This position has the potential to be converted into a year-round permanent position at Head Office.
Duties for Reservations Agent:
• Professionally answering the reservations telephone line and responding to customer emails.
• Providing knowledgeable information and assistance on our products and services.
• Keeping a record of all quotes, sales leads, and log daily calls and emails.
• Accurately collecting guest information and maintaining guest records.
• Building reservation bookings in accordance with procedures.
• Rebooking returning guests.
• Relaying guest information to various properties and departments.
• Completing day-end settlement reports for the accounting department.
• Taking and processing payments accurately.
• Using property booking software (Maestro)
• Following up with guests effectively.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Requirements of Reservations Agent:
• 2 years in customer service and or sales.
• A natural people person with excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Exemplary phone etiquette.
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve effectively.
• A good understanding of sales principles with a proven ability to provide results.
• Basic numeracy skills with some experience taking and processing payments.
• Tech-savvy and ability to learn and use multiple software including the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience using booking software (Maestro) preferred.
• Experience or interest with salt-water fishing preferred.
Working with us: We value FISHING: Fiscal Responsibility, Integrity, Skill Development, Harmony, Innovation, Nurturing, and above all the Guest Experience. Meals and staff accommodation are included in the employment package! While living at the resort you will have opportunities to fish, hike, swim, explore, cave, snorkel, kayak, and make lifelong friends. Also, we ensure that all employees get the opportunity to experience guided fishing through the NMA Anglers Academy. The Academy is for those who love to fish or are just interested in learning! We have employees that return year after year because of the opportunities for advancement.
Job Application Process
You can apply directly online by visiting our website and submitting your resume for your position of choice. https://www.nootkamarineadventures.com/careers/Apply Now