- The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport
- Full Time |
- 3099 Corvette Way Richmond
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
The Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre and The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport are dedicated to providing guests with exceptional quality, service, and value. These guiding principles are evident with every check-in, bed made, or breakfast served. You can see this commitment to quality in the physical properties of the hotels themselves; located in the heart of the city and at Vancouver’s airport, surveying the magnificent natural elements that combine to make Vancouver one of the most beautiful cities in the world. We are proud to be Vancouver built, Vancouver owned, and Vancouver run.
A wall is only as strong as those that build it. Our associates are brought together by the fundamental sense of self-worth they derive from helping others. While each person’s talents are a credit, it is an individual’s commitment to the group effort that creates excellence.
Our foundation is exceptional people, and our passion is supporting them to succeed and exceed. More so than experience or education, it is a unanimous enthusiasm that is most highly valued. For those who work hard and consistently display positive attitude and aptitude, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Wall Centre Hotels is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Wall Centre Hotels, through education, review and engagement is achieving a work environment that is fair and just for all associates and where all associates are valued for the diversity they bring to the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, and age.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Provide turndown service to required guestrooms in accordance with established standards.
• Clean remaining unmade rooms per standards as directed. May be required to refresh others and/or replenish supplies.
• Serve as runner to guestrooms to deliver items as requested by the guests.
• Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a clean, organized and safe condition.
• Report any service discrepancies to the appropriate manager or supervisor to resolve where possible.
• Report any safety or security discrepancies to the appropriate manager or supervisor.
• Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
• Assist other housekeeping employees in maintaining clean and organized work and public areas.
• Attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must feel comfortable in speaking with guests and capable of helping them with information.
• Must possess basic computer skills and knowledge.
• Working knowledge of applicable sanitation standards.
• Must project a confident attitude and friendly personality.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length and be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuous basis.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different floors of the hotel on a timely basis
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment
$22.75-$25.00 per hour
Dental care, Employee assistance program, Extended health care, Disability insurance, RRSP match, Vision care, Explore Travel Program, Ongoing Associate Appreciation Events
Job Application Process
Please send a resume and/or cover letter attention to Human ResourcesApply Now