- The Wickaninnish Inn
- Full Time |
- 500 Osprey Lane
- 2 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Join our Housekeeping team as a Room Attendant, where you have the opportunity to learn and grow in a Relais & Chateaux property also recognized as a Forbes, AAA 4-Diamond Resort and T&L World’s Best Hotel.
Yes, the bulk of the work in most Housekeeping Departments is cleaning; let’s not gloss over the fact that Room Attendants clean toilets, sinks, showers, make beds, vacuum kilometers of carpet each day and fold mountains of laundry. What is different at The Wickaninnish Inn? It’s the culture, the leadership and the empowerment given to every employee to seek out those moments where they can engage with a guest and make their stay that much more memorable. The department prides itself on setting the stage for guests; one day you could be helping set a room up for a surprise birthday with balloons and twinkle lights and the next day tasked to ensure that a guest’s special pillow is in the room prior to their arrival. You are not a back of house employee, you are front and center!
Financial Commitment Incentive available.
As a Room Attendant you will:
• Be one of the front line contacts for guests requiring Housekeeping assistance, committed to ensuring the guests’ Wickaninnish Inn experience exceeds their expectations.
• Project a friendly and professional demeanour to guests, making them feel welcome and at home while at the Inn.
• A professionally groomed appearance.
• A positive and pro-active attitude.
• A calm and capable demeanour.
• Handle cash and gratuities with accuracy, honesty and discretion.
• Keep work area clean, tidy and fully stocked.
• Complete all necessary administrative duties so work is properly documented.
• Keep all Inn guests safe and free from harm.
• Wages may be increased due to annual salary reviews, provincial minimum wage changes or at the employer’s discretion.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Our ideal candidate will embody the West Coast culture, while still being committed to the art of hospitality and pursuit of excellence. They will have:
• Must possess the desire to be part of a world-class Housekeeping/Guest Service Team.
• Exemplary guest service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations.
• Ability to multi-task in a busy environment and creative problem solving skills are necessary.
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills are needed. Full command of the English language is required.
• Must enjoy working evenings and weekends.
• Previous experience in a full service hotel an asset.
• A mutual understanding of your employment duration will be determined during your interview
20 per hour
Team Member Benefits: https://www.wickinn.com/about-employment/
Job Application Process
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent by clicking the apply now button.By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your Resume and interests align with our currently available positions.Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.Apply Now