Why Take the Safety Basics Assessment?
All businesses in British Columbia are required to have an Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Program in place that meets requirements prescribed in the Worker’s Compensation Act (the Act) and Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (the Regulation).
Implementing an effective health & safety framework can:
- prevent injuries and keep workers safe and healthy
- save your company time and money
- strengthen workplace safety culture and your “employer brand”
- ensure your company meets regulatory requirements
Through a series of 13 questions, taking you around 10 minutes to complete, the Safety Basics Assessment will provide you with a customized report for your company that includes:
- Practical Advice to improve your existing OHS Program
- Useful resources and templates for the areas needing improvement
- Helpful links to further reading on each topic
Employers are responsible for ensuring their OHS Program includes all required components, and the Safety Basics Assessment assists in this task.