Head Server/FOH Manager
- Kumsheen Rafting Resort
- Full Time |
- 1345 Trans Canada Hwy Lytton
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Kumsheen is looking for a Head Server/Front of House Manager to join our team of energetic, adventurous, and friendly staff. This is a great opportunity to work & live in one of the most beautiful areas in BC, at an incredible family-run adventure resort.
About the position:
The Head Server/Front of House Manager works with the Head Chef, under the direction of the General Managers in Kumsheen’s Cutting Board Restaurant. The Cutting Board Restaurant provides a friendly atmosphere, remarkable food, and memorable service to our resort guests. The Head Server will also oversee operations in the Gazebo, the Cutting Board Restaurant’s adjacent poolside bar.
In a typical year, the Cutting Board Restaurant seats 60 indoors and has a seasonal patio that seats another 60 guests. It is a full-service restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, catering primarily to resort guests and secondarily to the general public in summer months.
In May, June, and September, service is largely pre-booked banquet style meals for large groups (Dry-Grads, Corporate, etc.). During the peak season, (mid-June until mid-September), service is a limited à la carte menu and some banquet-style meals for large groups.
In addition to providing outstanding service in the Cutting Board Restaurant, our servers are key ambassadors for Kumsheen Rafting Resort. Successful servers will work on building a rapport with guests and express keen interest in the details of their experience at the resort. For this team to operate smoothly and efficiently, a strong Head Server/Front of House Manager is a necessity.
The season for this position is from April 15th, 2024 – October 15th, 2024 with the potential to extend at the start or end of the season.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serving food and beverages in the Cutting Board
- Restaurant and/or the poolside Gazebo Bar
- Training, supervising and scheduling team members including servers, bartenders, and dishwashing staff
- Determining beverage recommendations to go with meals, particularly wine pairings
- Acting as a knowledgeable ambassador for Kumsheen and build rapport with guests
- Regular inventory and ordering of liquor and general supplies, as well as assisting the Head Chef with other inventory and ordering as needed
- Maintaining excellent level of service and cleanliness in the Cutting Board Restaurant and the Gazebo
- Oversee and complete all daily cash reconciliation for the Restaurant and Gazebo Bar
Successful applicants will possess the following:
- Previous serving or restaurant experience, 3+ years preferred
- Previous resort experience or in tourism is an asset
- Strong leadership skills, including experience in training and/or scheduling team members
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work well individually and as part of a team
- Detailed oriented with the ability to multitask and prioritize to achieve efficient service
- Good knowledge of wine, wine pairing and mixology
- Second language an asset
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including split shifts
- Must have Serving it Right certificate
Starting at $18.50 per hour plus gratuities and great perks!
- Subsidized resort-based staff accommodation available to employees
- Access to outdoor recreation in one of the most beautiful regions in BC (including some of the best whitewater in western Canada!)
- Steady 5-day on/2-day off work schedule
- Paid training
- On average, our FOH staff make an addition $3-6 per hour in gratuities
- Access to the Kumsheen Resort facilities (including pool and hot tub!)
- Professional workplace and equipment
- Opportunity to grow your career in the outdoor industry
- Onsite Coffee Shop with discounted drinks for staff
- Restaurant and retail discounts, family/friend rafting passes, family accommodation discounts, and more!
Job Application Process
We pride ourselves on our talented and enthusiastic team members. If you think you’d be a great addition to our team, we’d be delighted to hear from you! Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now