After April 8, 2022, when Provincial Health Orders transition away from COVID-19 Safety Plans, BSAFE is still a relevant and excellent training tool. Spend time with Modules 2, 4 and 5 for excellent front line training resources!
As we look to renew this course for a post-COVID training resource, we invite you to visit modules in the course that still remain relevant today.
- Start with Module 2 Keeping Yourself and Others Safe.
- Excellent learning available in Module 4 Communicating with Your Team and Guests.
- Engage with Module 5 Responding to Challenging Interactions which will help you hone your customer service skill set.
Keep yourself and others safe. Take the FREE BSAFE Training today!
BSAFE™ is a new and FREE online health and safety training program for individuals and businesses in BC’s tourism and hospitality industry. Instill confidence amongst the general public to stay, dine, or shop at your local business.
It’s a FREE program supported by the Province of BC. REGISTER NOW.
What You’ll Learn:
BSAFE is divided into 6 modules that cover a variety of topics to give you a foundational understanding of current health and safety protocols as well as tips on handling non-compliance. While there is a COVID-19 focus, there is broad base customer service training that you can apply to a variety of situations
***** After April 8, 2022 when Provincial Health Orders transition, BSAFE is still an excellent training tool. Spend time with Modules 2, 4 and 5 for excellent front line training resources!
- Module 1 Understanding the Legal Context for COVID-19
- Module 2 Keeping Yourself and Others Safe
- Module 3 Keeping Records
- Module 4 Communicating with Your Team and Guests
- Module 5 Responding to Challenging Interactions (scenarios)
- Module 6 Handling Proof of Vaccination in the workplace
Sign Up Info:
BSAFE is accessible to both individual Workers and Employers to incorporate into their corporate training activities.
Employer Registration Info:
Employers can register their company to a delivery as a workplace training initiative.
Once registered, the business would receive an enrollment code that they can share with their designed staff. Staff who use this enrolment code are tagged to the business and completions can be tracked
Worker Registration Info:
WORKERS can register, take the course and receive a certificate upon completion. This certificate can be used to demonstrate their knowledge with future employers.
BSAFE stands for BC Safety Assured For Everyone. Our tagline, “Your Trust, Our Priority”, is our pledge and our promise.
- Ensure foundational health and safety knowledge across BC tourism and hospitality industry to increased worker, guest and community confidence during recovery.
- Provide external visibility to BC tourism and hospitality employers participating in the program
Upon completing on the training, the student will be able to:
- Identify employer responsibilities in ensuring a safe work environment during the pandemic and principles to carry forward into the post-pandemic environment
- Identify employee responsibilities in ensuring a safe work environment during the pandemic and principles to carry forward into the post-pandemic environment
- Understand COVID-19 primary modes of transmission, high risk areas/activities, and the importance of consistent application of controls and measures
- Explain the importance of empathy – the positive impact of respectful behavior, tolerance and understanding towards others
- Be able to resolve conflict situations arising from non-compliance of safety protocols by guests, coworkers, and employers
- Communicate personal responsibilities in preventing the spread of the COVID-19 and maintaining safe environment
- Identify where to access relevant public health information (eg PHO) and best practices for their workplace and communities
- Asynchronous, online course
- Interactive learning environment that is relevant for tourism and hospitality businesses across the province
- 60-90 minutes in duration
- Multiple-choice test will verify learner’s knowledge and a personalize, downloadable certificate will be available if standard is achieved.
Employers who have 75% of their workforce successfully complete the training course, will be recognized with a “BSAFE trained” certificate. They can use this certificate in different ways to demonstrate their commitment to providing a safe environment for guests and workers, thereby increasing consumer confidence.
Here’s how it works:
- Once an employer has 75% of their workforce trained on BSAFE, go2HR will send the organization an email with the “BSAFE trained” certificate, logo files and logo use guide, as well as suggested communication tactics.
- go2HR will have a separate page on our website to list the businesses and showcase their training success
- Business may be profiled on go2HR social media platforms or other communication channels
BSAFE is made possible with support by the provincial government to help fulfill a Tourism Task Force recommendation.
BSAFE was developed with input from tourism & hospitality partners and created with go2HR’s expertise to deliver training programs to industry.
Who can participate?
BSAFE is open to all businesses, but the program was specifically designed for the tourism and hospitality industry.
It is critical to rebuild confidence in the health and safety protocols of the tourism and hospitality industry. COVID-19 specific content designed to empower employers and employees with superior foundation knowledge of COVID-19 safety and protocols. Your trust is our priority, and BSAFE is another way in which we hope to continue to develop that trust.