A remarkable experience relies on exceptional customer service, starting from the moment a visitor sets foot in a community and at every touch point that follows. How do you become a local Ambassador and ensure that you are contributing to a positive, authentic visitor experience that shows all that your community has to offer?
Destination Ambassador covers key topics that make for memorable visitor experiences, including:
- The role of local ambassadors in the visitor experience
- The importance of tourism and how it benefits your local community
- Different visitor profiles and reasons they visit your area
- Products and services your community has to offer visitors
- Where to access information and how to provide helpful service to others
Destination Ambassador is a fun and interactive half-day classroom course, delivered in partnership with your local visitor centre, chamber of commerce, or regional tourism association.
Note: SuperHost Foundations of Service Quality or equivalent training and experience is recommended before taking Destination Ambassador.
Please contact the SuperHost team if you are interested in delivering Destination Ambassador in your community. Note that delivery of this course is limited to one organization per community. Please check to see if your local tourism association or chamber of commerce is listed below, prior to inquiring about delivering Destination Ambassador in your area.
Destination Ambassador is currently available in the following communities:
- Comox – Comox Visitor Centre
- Mission – Mission Chamber of Commerce
- Nelson – Visitor Centre
- Oliver – Oliver Tourism Association
- Richmond – Tourism Richmond
- Shuswap – South Shuswap Chamber of Commerce