During this challenging time, we want to make online training more accessible for everyone. For a limited time only, we are offering 20% off SuperHost online courses*, including Foundations of Service Quality and Service For All. Whether you are looking to upgrade your skills and knowledge while working from home, or needing to sharpen your skills for your next job, make the most use of your time at home and let us bring the training to you.
*No promo code needed; discount will be taken at checkout.
Practical knowledge to serve and accommodate different customers and their diverse needs.
Known for its multiculturalism and welcoming nature, Canada is not only home to residents of diverse backgrounds, but it also attracts visitors from all over the world with various needs, identification, beliefs, norms, and languages.
In most industries, we are likely to find ourselves interacting with all sorts of visitors. The “one size fits all” concept simply does not apply to the way we set expectations and practices around specific customer groups. Our front-line employees need to be nimble and empathetic in order to create and enhance quality of service for visitors.
In Service For All™, students will learn about best practices around customers from various backgrounds and identities. Key topics include:
- The origin of stereotypes and how to avoid them through empathy and sensitivity
- Identification and awareness of diversity in the community
- Recognition of customer groups that may have specialized needs, including but not limited to:
- Different generations (e.g. boomers, Gen X, millennials, etc.)
- Persons with disabilities
- LGBTQ/2S people
- Indigenous peoples
- People for whom English is a second language
- Ways to tailor service for customers from varying ethnic, social, and economic backgrounds
- Elements of professionally appropriate language when delivering service
- Tips and examples of specific accommodations that customers within identifiable social groups might require
Note: SuperHost Foundations of Service Quality™ or equivalent training and experience is recommended before taking Service For All.
Get Social With Us